Re: Proposed gnulib renames

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Proposed gnulib renames
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 21:18:45 +0200

> From: Bruno Haible <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 20:01:30 +0100
> Cc: address@hidden,
>  address@hidden,
>  address@hidden
>
> > >   1. runs "gnulib-tool"
> > >   2. looks at list of lib/*.in.h files,
> > >   3. performs some 'mv' commands to rename them,
> > >   4. performs some sed replacements on the generated Makefile.am.
> >
> > That's fine with me, but these Sed replacements could be done by
> > config.bat only for the DOS build.  Of course, it's slightly more
> > complicated to do that with DOS shells, but it's certainly doable.
>
> I was under the impression that you wanted to have this renaming done
> already in the tarball and, in consequence, also in the Emacs repository.

Files whose names are FOOBAR.in.h are automatically renamed by djtar,
the unpacking utility, to something like FOOBAR.in-h (and will appear
as foobar.in- on plain DOS), so they are no problem.  What I wanted to
avoid were files whose name clash after 8+3 truncation, because these
are not renamed automatically, but need user intervention for
providing an alternative name, something end users will be stumped
about.