Re: Current state of python.el in the Emacs trunk

From: Christoph
Subject: Re: Current state of python.el in the Emacs trunk
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 17:23:06 -0700

On 1/27/2011 11:35 AM, Stefan Monnier wrote:

AFAIK, the problem is that Dave decided to declare the new changes as
"not covered by his copyright assignment", in other words, expressly
forbidding us to use them.
I'm still not very clear if that's really what happened.

OK. I copied him on this thread.

Dave, can you shed some light on this? I would appreciate it. Thank you!

If you can help clear the the communication between Dave and us, that
would be wonderful, yes.

I will try my best.

For my own benefit, it would also be nice if it supported alternative
implementations like IronPython, which right now it does not.

Patches welcome,

Thanks. I will have some patches in a little while.

Christoph