annoying gnus time updating

From: Miles Bader
Subject: annoying gnus time updating
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 15:58:55 +0900

In the gnus *Article* buffer, Date: headers are now displayed like this:

   Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 21:03:46 -0000 (9 hours, 50 minutes, 59 seconds ago)

... where the "(9 hours ... seconds ago)" bit is dynamically updated,
with the seconds counting down as I watch.

While very cute, this is also annoying.

Anyone know how to turn off the "seconds" part?  I'd be perfectly fine
with only know the relative time to within a minute, and that would make
the dynamic updates not annoying.

Indeed, I'd suggest making minute-precision the default with this feature.

Thanks,

-Miles

--
Bore, n. A person who talks when you wish him to listen.