Re: Patch for fields of `struct buffer'

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Patch for fields of `struct buffer'
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 11:38:51 -0700

Tom> That is, if you make a closure, and then in the body of it you
Tom> let-bind one of its captured variables, is that let-binding
Tom> thread-local?

Stefan> Variables that are captured by a closure are (by definition) lexically
Stefan> scoped, so they should not be affected by
Stefan> buffer/thread/keyboard-localness which only applies to
Stefan> dynamically-scoped variables.

Ok, I think I see.  I was trying to construct a test case and, IIUC, an
inner `let' would make a new lexically-bound variable, not dynamically
bind the outer one.  Is that correct?

I would try it but last time I checked out lexbind, I couldn't get it to
build.  Is it working now?

Tom