Re: Patch for fields of `struct buffer'

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Patch for fields of `struct buffer'
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 22:49:49 -0500

> I think this will break the nextstep build, since there Vselection_alist
> was erroneously moved to globals.h.  Only DEFVARs have to be in
> globals.h, other globals do not.  I reverted a similar change to
> xselect.c, because I was able to test that one.

I much prefer an untested fix than no fix at all.
Especially when the untested fix can be based on the code that was there
before your global.h change, i.e. pretty likely to work even if you
can't test it.

> Let me know what you think.  I'm not excessively happy about the
> ALL_SOURCES bit in src/Makefile.in.

The ALL_SOURCES is indeed bad.  We already have equivalent data, so
please adjust your patch to try and use it (a good starting point is to
look at the dependencies of the make-docfile rule).

        Stefan