Re: Patch for fields of `struct buffer'

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Patch for fields of `struct buffer'
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 09:26:31 -0700

Stefan> I much prefer an untested fix than no fix at all.
Stefan> Especially when the untested fix can be based on the code that was there
Stefan> before your global.h change, i.e. pretty likely to work even if you
Stefan> can't test it.

Ok.

Tom> Let me know what you think.  I'm not excessively happy about the
Tom> ALL_SOURCES bit in src/Makefile.in.

Stefan> The ALL_SOURCES is indeed bad.  We already have equivalent data, so
Stefan> please adjust your patch to try and use it (a good starting point is to
Stefan> look at the dependencies of the make-docfile rule).

I did look at this, but I think it won't work.

The rule that runs make-docfile depends on the object files.  This won't
work here, since we need to create globals.h before doing any
compilation.

Also, make-docfile.c takes the .o file name and turns it into a .c or
.m, depending on what it finds in the source tree.  We need to do this
transformation in the Makefile to make the dependencies correct.

Tom