Re: window-point oddity

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen
Subject: Re: window-point oddity
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 07:29:06 +0100 (CET)

[Dan Davison <address@hidden> (2011-02-02 23:22:37 UTC)]

> Are you running recent gnus?

Don't know, I compiled emacs from trunk less than a week ago, but
don't track gnus separately. I.e., I use the gnus that comes with the
emacs source.

> If so, does it help to set gnus-article-update-lapsed-header to a
> larger value? If it is this bug, then it has been fixed in current
> gnus.

Didn't make a difference. Neither, in response to another suggestion,
have I run any gdb sessions in this emacs. I am satisfied for now to
know that this is indeed anomalous behaviour, apparently no known code
does anything like it deliberately, yet it's not totally unheard of.

I'll experiment a bit to see if I can manage to repeat it reliably and
post a bug report if I do.

- Harald