Re: attribute warn_unused_result

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: attribute warn_unused_result
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 16:11:36 -0800

On 02/04/11 08:38, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Anyway, am I the only one who uses this version of Ubuntu?

No, I have observed the problem when I built Emacs on Ubuntu,
and it is a real annoyance.  This was on Ubuntu 10.10, the current
stable version.

By the way, I just now looked at one of the remaining instances
of this warning, a call to chdir whose return value is ignored,
and I now think it's a bug.  The bug is hard to trigger, but I'm
pretty sure I can exploit it to (say) unexpectly remove files in
one's home directory.

Is there ever a good reason to ignore the return value from
chdir?  If not, we should do a sweep of the code and
fix all of these.