Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r103075: * lisp/simple.el (specia

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r103075: * lisp/simple.el (special-mode-map): Bind "h" to `describe-mode';
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2011 14:24:57 -0500

> -(defvar bookmark-bmenu-mode-map
> -  (let ((map (make-keymap)))
[...]
> +(define-key bookmark-bmenu-mode-map "q" 'quit-window)
> +(define-key bookmark-bmenu-mode-map "v" 'bookmark-bmenu-select)

This change, along with other similar ones you made in the above commit
is wrong.  Keymaps need to be defined within their `defvar'.
The use of define-derived-mode makes no difference to it.

You'll see various "move initialization into declaration" messages in
the ChangeLog showing that we have been working to move things into the
defvars rather than out of it.

Can you please fix those changes (don't just revert it, of course: the
use special-mode is right, but leave the various "defvar foo-mode-map"
and keep the define-key calls within those defvars)?

        Stefan