Re: patch-copy-dir-with-stefan-changes

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: patch-copy-dir-with-stefan-changes
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 09:38:47 +0100

Thierry Volpiatto <address@hidden> writes:

> Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> here another approach to fix copy-directory and dired.
>>
>> Looks good.
>>
>> I'm not sure how it can get away with removing dired-do-create-files
>> without removing any call to it,
> OOPS! Of course we need it! It wouldn't work without it.
> I remove it in the patch by error, sorry.

For what I can tell, this patch looks pretty good. I've tested all three
scenarios Thierry has explained in a previous mail, and I've tested it
with local directories as well as with Tramp's ssh and rsync
methods. All results are as expected.

I vote for installing the patch into the emacs-23 branch.

Best regards, Michael.