Re: patch-copy-dir-with-stefan-changes

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: patch-copy-dir-with-stefan-changes
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 17:18:18 +0100

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

> Michael Albinus <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> For what I can tell, this patch looks pretty good. I've tested all three
>> scenarios Thierry has explained in a previous mail, and I've tested it
>> with local directories as well as with Tramp's ssh and rsync
>> methods. All results are as expected.
>
> As I explained in an earlier email, this change removes the ability of a
> Lisp caller to copy the contents of one directory into another directory
> (as opposed to copying into a subdirectory).

I said already, that I came late into the discussion, sorry ...

I reread the thread. It didn't convince me, that we shall copy "the
*contents* of one directory" with `copy-directory'. This would be a new
behaviour. What is it good for?

The beginning of the discussion was a bug report by Thierry. This bug
seems to be fixed with his latest patch.

Best regards, Michael.