Installing `struct buffer' patch (Was: Patch for fields of `struct buffe

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Installing `struct buffer' patch (Was: Patch for fields of `struct buffer')
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 13:26:34 -0700

Tom>     Do you still object to me installing the `struct buffer' macro
Tom>     change on the trunk?

RMS> I don't object.

I am going to check my patch in tomorrow.

It may break some builds that I cannot test.  However, in all cases, the
fix is simple.  The patch renames the fields of `struct buffer', so when
you see an error arising from `something->field', you can simply change
that to read `B_ (something, field)'.  Please do not change any code to
use `BUFFER_INTERNAL_FIELD'.

thanks,
Tom