Re: Installing `struct buffer' patch

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Installing `struct buffer' patch
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 12:36:24 -0500

Chong> What do you think about replacing B_ with lots of individual macros,
Chong> like BUF_UNDO_LIST, BUF_NAME, etc.?  This might be ugly in buffer.h, but
Chong> the rest of the code would be more understandable.
>> This is exactly what I did originally, but Stefan asked me to change it
>> to B_.

Yes, I like having a single macro and seeing the field name "as-is"
rather than "as part of a macro name, capitalized".
But I agree that B_ is not very satisfactory.

> How bout replacing B_ with something like BUFFER_VAR?

Sounds good.  Or if we want something shorted, we can shorten BUFFER_VAR
to just BVAR (like we do for SDATA, ASIZE, ...).

        Stefan