Re: can we please define a face for compile.el mouseover?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: can we please define a face for compile.el mouseover?
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 21:42:28 +0200

> From: "Drew Adams" <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 11:26:45 -0800
>
> Can we please define a face to be used for the `mouse-face' property in the
> `compile.el' code?
>
> It doesn't make sense to hard-code `highlight' in this code.

Is there any code in Emacs that does _not_ use `highlight' for
mouse-face?

If not (or if the other cases are a very small minority), this should
probably be fixed for Emacs in general, not just in compile.el.

Also, someone should perhaps see if using arbitrary faces for mouse
highlight will not be too dangerous (given how this is implemented in
the display engine), before we allow to customize it.