Re: faces `compilation-info' and `compilation-line-number'

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: faces `compilation-info' and `compilation-line-number'
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 16:07:11 -0500

> Now they are defined this way (inheritance):

> compilation-info:        font-lock-type-face
> compilation-line-number: font-lock-keyword-face

> I suggest they be defined this way instead (inheritance):

> compilation-info:        font-lock-keyword-face
> compilation-line-number: font-lock-variable-name-face

At first sight, I'd tend to agree, just on the basis of minimizing
change.  But I think neither makes any sense, really.  We should instead
introduce new faces (one for errors, one for warnings, one for
information), and then inherit from those (and make
font-lock-warning-face inherit from `error' for hysterical raisins).

        Stefan