Re: @dircategory entries sync'ed with info/dir

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: @dircategory entries sync'ed with info/dir
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 17:30:10 +0200

> From: Michael Albinus <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 16:23:01 +0100
>
> You have also changed
>
>    trampver.texi [emacs]: Set emacsname to "Emacs".

Yes, sorry, I meant to mention that, but forgot.

> I would prefer to keep "GNU Emacs", because at some places the manual
> discusses shortly differences to "XEmacs", and I want to make it obvious
> what we are speaking about.

That's fine, but can we then remove the use of emacsname in the
@dircategory directive, and use "Emacs" instead?

The reason I changed that is the info/dir's category is "Emacs network
features", so if Tramp says "GNU Emacs network features", it will not
match.

Alternatively, we could have a separate variable, say,
emacsdircategory, which would be "Emacs network features" for Emacs
and "XEmacs" for XEmacs.  Would you prefer this instead?