Re: dired-mark-pop-up leaves annoying buffers lying around

From: Antoine Levitt
Subject: Re: dired-mark-pop-up leaves annoying buffers lying around
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 21:38:08 +0100

19/02/11 19:53, Chong Yidong
> Most callers of dired-mark-pop-up use the default " *Marked Files*"
> buffer (and AFAICT the others use a fixed name instead of creating
> unique buffers).  The buffer name has a space in front of its name, so
> it doesn't show up in the buffer list.  Any reason why it needs to be
> killed?

Ah, true. I missed the fact that buffers with spaces in front were not
displayed in the buffer list. I use custom code to quickly switch
between recent buffers, so that s-tab is the most recent buffer, C-tab
the second most recent buffer, and C-s-tab the third most recent
buffer. I did not know about that convention, so I ended up seeing a lot
of these deletion buffers. But it's really my fault, not dired's, and
marking buffers that shouldn't be switched to is really better than
deleting them. Sorry about that.