Re: Input method or help feature needed

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Input method or help feature needed
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 05:45:57 -0500

> Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 09:30:03 +0100
> From: address@hidden
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> > > As an additional thought: this won't work for non-English speakers,
> > > right?
> >
> > Let's worry about that after the user interface and manuals of Emacs
> > have been localized.  At the current point of time, this consideration
> > seems a bit silly.
>
> Depends: if you interpret the consideration as "wh must implement
> something *now*", it's definitely silly. If  you interpret it as "we
> should keep that in mind", I'd say it's not

But what does it mean, in practice, "to keep this in mind"?  Emacs
already supports typing text in many languages other than English, and
completion works for non-ASCII text as well as for 7-bit ASCII.  What
specifically should we "keep in mind" while working on an interface
that allows to find a certain character?