Re: How many more gnulib imports?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: How many more gnulib imports?
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 19:28:13 +0200

> Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 09:13:37 -0700
> From: Christoph <address@hidden>
> CC: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, Paul Eggert <address@hidden>,
>  address@hidden
>
> On 2/20/2011 8:56 AM, I wrote:
>
> > In regards to the md5 change, I think I have a patch to fix the Windows
> > build. I will send it for review once my bootstrap finishes and I see
> > everything works. Shouldn't be too long.
>
> Find the patch fixing the Windows build for including lib/md5.c attached.

Thanks.  Please install this in the repository as soon as you can.

However, this change will only work with MinGW, since it has stdint.h.
To make it work with MSVC, we need to add nt/inc/stdint.h, and make
lib/md5.$(O) depend on it.  For MinGW, nt/inc/stdint.h could just say
"#include_next <stdint.h>" (conditioned on __GNUC__ being non-zero).
Otherwise, it should include the minimum needed for md5.c to compile.
Paul said a few messages ago that all that's needed for now is this:

   typedef unsigned int uint32_t;

Could you please commit such a followup change, after you test it (see
below)?  If not, I will get to it in due time.

To test this change (assuming you don't have MSVC -- neither do I,
btw), rename MinGW's stdint.h in the MinGW include directory, create
an nt/inc/stdint.h that has just the above 1 line, and then try
building with MinGW.  Any compilation error/warning you see probably
means that more stuff needs to be added to nt/inc/stdint.h.

Thanks a lot for your help.