Re: Current state of python.el in the Emacs trunk

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: Current state of python.el in the Emacs trunk
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 00:51:27 +0000

Christoph <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm confused. Didn't I offer to do maintenance work, like for example
> integrating Dave's bug fixes (if he agreed to it)?

I'm not sure what fixes you mean.  I've just maintained a separate
version.

> I have actually spent quite some time digging through the current
> python.el mode and tried to do some clean up and fix things.

That stuff simply shouldn't be there, which is why it originally wasn't.
It appears all the world's Python, so it doesn't matter if it causes
global problems and more-or-less excludes similar things for other
interpreters as far as I remember.  (I implemented a gud-minor-mode, of
course, but it required changes to gud.el and I didn't keep up with
Emacs.  I think the general facility was less code than the
Python-specific version.)