Re: "no process" gnus bug when moving messages from nnml to imap folder

From: Giorgos Keramidas
Subject: Re: "no process" gnus bug when moving messages from nnml to imap folder
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 12:59:31 +0100

On Mon, 07 Feb 2011 10:45:01 -0800, Giorgos Keramidas <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Feb 2011 03:42:16 -0800, Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> wrote:
>>Giorgos Keramidas <address@hidden> writes:
>>> Completion offers both `nnimap:gmail' and `nnimap:imap.gmail.com' as a
>>> valid `B c' destination, but they both respond that the newly created
>>> imap buffer has no connection when I move or copy messages from an nnml
>>> source folder.
>>
>> These are just two names for the same server, probably.
>>
>>> Whatever the problem is with `B c' and `B m' it seems specific to using
>>> an imap folder as the destination of the messages.
>>
>> No, as I said previously, it's a bug in Gmail.  It fails when accepting
>> articles that contain NULs.  I've now added a quirk for this in nnimap.
>
> Ok, thanks.  Is the quirk in the bzr repo?  If yes, my daily fetch from
> the git mirror will pick it up and I'll give it a spin again :)

Ok, I've rebuilt Emacs and Gnus from a later version [GNU Emacs
24.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1) of 2011-02-11
on gkeramidas-glaptop].

It still fails to copy my old archived messages to Gmail imap, though.

The message that fails this time is (copied straight from my nnml folder
file at `~/mail/mail/archive/2001/3138'):

  http://people.freebsd.org/~keramida/3138.nnml

When I try to 'B c' this message to `nnimap+gmail:archive/2001' Gnus
fails to copy the message, but there are no NUL bytes in the message
itself.

So as an experiment I saved this message typing `O m' to `~/foo.mbox'
and used Mutt to copy the same message to:

  imaps://address@hidden/archive/2001

and the copy worked fine.  So I'm not sure if there's something wrong
with the message.  There's definitely something wrong with Gnus when I
try to open a local nnml groupand send messages to imap though.