Re: debbugs.el

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: debbugs.el
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 19:37:36 -0800

> OTOH, the debbugs SOAP interface is poor, there are only very basic
> information one could retrieve, and there is no "activiation" function
> (changing whatever for a bug). So it might be better, we first make a
> prototype implementation integrating it with nnir etc, before adding it
> to Emacs core. For this purpose, it might be sufficient to bring it to
> elpa (or gnus) for a while.

I'd love to have a real Emacs-based interface to the Emacs bug archive.
I'd be checking it a lot more often.  These days I need to remember to
point a web browser at it, see if there's anything interesting, and then
type `M-x gnus-read-ephemeral-emacs-bug-group RET <that bug number>
RET', and that's just boring.

  address@hidden * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen