Re: debbugs.el

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: debbugs.el
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 11:55:40 +0200

> From: Miles Bader <address@hidden>
> Cc: Michael Albinus <address@hidden>, address@hidden, address@hidden,
>  address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 18:29:25 +0900
>
> > I'm all for it, mind you.  I just think that the reasons stated by
> > Lars are not a valid justification for having such an interface in
> > Emacs.
>
> "I'd be checking it a lot more often" seems like pretty good
> justification to me...

?? If you are subscribed to the mailing list, the bugs are already in
your mailbox.  So why would you need to "check" debbugs, just to know
about their existence?

Querying the database when actually _working_ on bugs is another
matter, and that is IMO the real reason for having this interface.
But just to know that a bug related to one's work or interests exist,
you can easily do with the mailing list.