RE: Modify menu-bar help

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Modify menu-bar help
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 07:38:47 -0800

> > This strikes me as something that should be in the manual.
> > Would everyone agree it would be worth lodging a bug report
> > to have this information added as a footnote or reference
> > i.e. that you cannot add menu actions/buttons to
> > the top level menu when using gtk_?
>
> No.  We don't document bugs, unless they are certain to be more or
> less permanent misfeatures.

Ah, I agree.  If this is considered a bug then we should not document it.

In my previous reply I was thinking that Emacs Dev considered this to be part of
the design, with no plan to fix it.  Bugs and bug workarounds generally should
not be documented in the manual (but could be documented in release notes etc.).