Re: exec-path question

From: Mark Tran
Subject: Re: exec-path question
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 01:48:34 -0800

Applications in OS X are not launched by your shell and therefore do not inherit it's environment variables. They're started through launchd.

If you want Emacs.app to inherit environment variables then you can set user session environment variables in ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist.

More information at:

http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/BPRuntimeConfig/Articles/EnvironmentVars.html
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/MacOSTweaks#toc13