Re: Remove S_IFLNK

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Remove S_IFLNK
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 15:01:35 -0500

> I'd say if we didn't hear about these problems until now, they are not
> important enough to justify such heavyweight changes and added
> complexity with remapping functions, replacing them, etc.
> However, if Stefan and Chong are okay with this, so be it.

I don't care much either way.  To me this seems like it's trying to fix
something nobody cares about, but at the same time, the author of the
patch obviously cares enough about it to come up with a patch, so...

If the resulting code is cleaner and/or more efficient, I guess it's
good, but I'm not sure that it is.

        Stefan