Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: bzr + savannah.gnu.org slow again

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: bzr + savannah.gnu.org slow again
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 14:02:19 +0100

Glenn Morris wrote:
> At 23.30 PST on Sunday 27 Feb, it is very slow again. ~ 35 mins for a ~ 5
> line commit. It was alright mid-afternoon PST.
>
> Can you not just disable the cgit service (it seems to still be
> available) until there is a solution for this problem? Being able to
> commit is more important.

Hi Glenn,

I've diagnosed and fixed the problem.  git.sv is now running a new binary.
The trigger was a buggy spider that was provoking an infloop in cgit.
Once there were 15-20 cgit.cgi process stuck in this infloop, the
system would become essentially unusable.

I've just fixed the cgit bug and reported it privately to upstream
and as http://bugzilla.redhat.com/680905 (private, for now).