Re: release candidate build failure

From: Sean Sieger
Subject: Re: release candidate build failure
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 07:46:24 -0500

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

    Sean Sieger <address@hidden> writes:

    > Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:
    >
    >     > make: [install] Error 1 (ignored)
    >                               ^^^^^^^^^
    >     That seems harmless. What's the actual failure?
    >
    > make install is not creating a bin directory and copying the binaries to
    > it.

    That's... interesting.

    I don't see any changes since 23.2.94 that seem likely to cause a
    regression.  The only build-related change was the change to Makefile.in
    in 100490, which should not even have any effect on Windows.  I recall
    that 23.2.94 built with no problems, is that right?

Yep.  So it surprised me.

    (BTW, if there really is a problem that we have to fix in the sources,
    don't apply the fix and make the Windows binaries rightaway; we'd need
    to make another release candidate, so wait for that.)

Like I told Juanma, I'll try building afresh and report back.