Re: Emacs 23.3 release candidate

From: Sean Sieger
Subject: Re: Emacs 23.3 release candidate
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 09:01:41 -0500

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

    The Emacs 23.3 release candidate is now available for download via FTP,
    at the following location:

      ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-23.3-rc1.tar.gz

    The xdelta against the 23.2.94 pretest is at

      ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-23.2.94-23.3-rc1.xdelta

    Please send me an email reporting success or failure on your build
    platform.  Report bugs via M-x report-emacs-bugs, or email
    address@hidden  For questions, email address@hidden

    Note that the release candidate reports itself as "Emacs 23.3".  If no
    serious problem surfaces during the next several days, this will become
    the tarball for the 23.3 release.  At that time, I will also tag the
    emacs-23 bzr branch as EMACS_23_3.  Developers, please don't commit
    anything to the branch; if you come across a problem, let's discuss it
    on emacs-devel.

    I encourage everyone to give this as much testing as possible.  Thanks.

The release candidate was built and runs successfully on Windows.
Binaries have been published in

http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/