Re: Input method or help feature needed

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Input method or help feature needed
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 02:10:53 -0700

On 2/18/11 2:24 PM, Richard Stallman wrote:
     I think it already is easy.  In the buffer with the Turkish text, do

       M-x set-input-method RET turkish-postfix RET

     and then

It is inconvenient to select an input method just to look at the
documentation.  I was not sure what input method to consider.
And I did not know that the description would be this detailed.

You don't have to: C-h I (aka M-x describe-input-method) provides completion.

If you know the language of the text you're trying to enter, it probably has
an input method.  So e.g. `C-h I turk ?' makes it easy to complete turkish-
postfix, and Bob's your uncle.

I started paging through the output of list-input-methods and
eventually found what I wanted under Latin-5.  But that is not a
convenient interface.

Yes, and who can remember what languages each numbered ISO-8859/Latin character
set is for?

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA