Re: user-controlled load-path extension: load-dir

From: Dimitri Fontaine
Subject: Re: user-controlled load-path extension: load-dir
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 20:45:45 +0100

Tom Tromey <address@hidden> writes:
> Suppose Emacs did add a "load all the files in a directory" feature.
> You would tell your users "download this and install it here".
> Or you would supply some elisp on a web page for them to eval, and this
> elisp would do the downloading.
>
> Well, you can do the exact same things with a package.  You don't need
> it to be in elpa.gnu.org.

What el-get currently does not do is editing any user's file.  What's
proposed in this thread is a way for el-get to bootstrap itself in a
user's setup without having to edit the user's init file.

Now, this would be answered by a known user's default load-path.  Julien
and Ted where adding to it actual loading then autoloads, I would live
without those.

Regards,
--
dim