Re: user-controlled load-path extension: load-dir

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: user-controlled load-path extension: load-dir
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 14:17:44 -0700

Dimitri> I can see your point about el-get being a package even if not
Dimitri> included in ELPA by default, now that package.el is part of
Dimitri> Emacs24.  That leaves any user of Emacs23 with no solution
Dimitri> though.  I will consider that at some point I guess, but
Dimitri> currently el-get allows you to get package.el in emacs23 :)

If somebody added the feature you want to Emacs, presumably it would
only be in Emacs 24, leaving you in the same situation.

Or maybe the proposal is to put it into Emacs 23.  But then we might as
well just put package.el into Emacs 23.

Tom