Re: How does ELPA work?

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: How does ELPA work?
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 22:09:50 +0100

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 10:30:32 +0100 address@hidden wrote:
>
> j> I would like, as an example, for Jan Morringens very useful d-bus proxy
> j> library to be available through ELPA if not in the core.
>
> j> How can I help make that happen? I haven't been able to figure out how
> j> the GNU ELPA repo works. There is supposed to be a bzr branch somewhere
> j> right? Do I have access to that as an Emacs comitter? Can Jan be given
> j> that access?
>
> Chong Yidong has been handling the copyright assignments.
>
> The GNU ELPA is in the elpa branch, accessible as
> bzr://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/emacs/elpa/ and AFAIK without any special
> permissions compared to the Emacs trunk.  But deploying from that branch
> to elpa.gnu.org is a semi-manual process.  See admin/package-update.sh
> in the elpa branch for details on what actually happens, it's pretty
> simple..
>
> Assuming the assignment is in order, either I or one of the maintainers
> can do the deployment.

I have the same question. I intend to upload debbugs.el to elpa. From
the descriptions, I do not understand how I shall do it. Does there
exist a small blurb for elpa contributors? This shouldn't include the
upload procedure only, but also some instructions how to organize the
package (files with version in theie name? directories with version in
their name? readme? what else?)

> Ted

Thanks, and best regards, Michael.