Re: Per-mode obarray for M-x

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Per-mode obarray for M-x
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 08:29:58 -0500

> Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 08:04:42 -0500
> From: Scott Frazer <address@hidden>
>
> Here's why I'd like this.  There are some commands I run somewhat
> often, but they have long and/or difficult to remember names.  For
> example auto-revert-tail-mode.  I am thinking as I type "Is it
> auto-revert-tail-mode or auto-tail-revert-mode?"

Does the problem still exist in the latest Emacs versions?  E.g., in
Emacs 23.3, "M-x auto-tail TAB" completes to auto-revert-tail-mode
without anything special you'd need to do.  The secret is that
completion was lately extended, and is now much smarter.  In fact,
there are a few non-default completion styles which will be even more
aggressive than the above miracle.

IOW, maybe your problem was already solved?