Re: gnus in Emacs trunk: read/expire-flags lost for mail in inbox

From: Sascha Wilde
Subject: Re: gnus in Emacs trunk: read/expire-flags lost for mail in inbox
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 16:20:46 +0100

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> wrote:
> Sascha Wilde <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Now when I mark mail in this "inbox" as read or expunge or anything like
>> this and I quit gnus and Emacs, after restarting Emacs and gnus I get
>> all mails displayed as new and unread.  In addition the mail counter in
>> the Group buffer is astronomically high for the "inbox" until I visit
>> the group one time.
>
> Very strange.
>
> Does `(setq nnml-marks-is-evil t)' have any effect?

As strange as it gets: setting nnml-marks-is-evil like:

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nnml ""
              (nnml-marks-is-evil t))))

actually seems to fix it!

Maybe some kind of locking problem?  No idea if it is related, but I
have more than one rule sorting mail into the "inbox"...

Anyway, thanks for the workaround...  ;-)

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde