Another strange bug suggestion: inserting in wrong buffer when some scre

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Another strange bug suggestion: inserting in wrong buffer when some screen related resources are scare (w32)
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 00:58:12 +0100

This is another of these strange bug reports I usually sends. I have
not done so for a while since they are usually not used. However here
is a reminder of an old problem.

I just saw that Emacs was inserting text in the wrong buffer. This
seems related to running out of GDI objects.

I can't debug this. It is impossible since the state of Emacs or my pc
seems rather unreliable at this moment. However I think that maybe
Emacs can do something about it.

I have suggested before that Emacs should always check return values
from system calls. I am suggesting it again since it might catch a
problem like this. (And again: I would add more of them to my patched
version of Emacs if I had time to keep the patches, but I don't have
that.)