Gdb in emacs 24

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: Gdb in emacs 24
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 09:07:32 +0100

I'm using now emacs from the trunk (in the signature the full version)
and it works wonderfully for everything.  The only thing that doesn't
work is the gdb.

I have an elisp function to call GDB (just a shortcut):

(defun gdb-pad ()
  "Debug the simulation"
  (interactive)
  (gdb "gdb -cd=/long/path --annotate=3 --args /long/path/opp_run args"))

And when I run it I get things like
pre-prompt
       prompt

post-prompt

error-begin
Undefined command: "1-inferior-tty-set".  Try "help".

error

Looks like an error of gdb, this is for completeness the version of gdb
on this machine...

GNU gdb (GDB) 7.2-ubuntu
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".

Any idea?
Is there any emacs-friendly way to navigate in the bug tracking system
and see if something is already there about?

And by the way is not so easy to find the web interface of the bug
tracking system, I only saw it the first time I when I actually reported
a bug (dreaming about an org-mode based bug tracking system).

Thanks a lot for the great work,
Andrea

--
GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.22.0)
 of 2011-03-04 on plaetekopp