Re: user-controlled load-path extension: load-dir

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: user-controlled load-path extension: load-dir
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 14:18:12 -0600

On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 14:51:22 -0500 Chong Yidong <address@hidden> wrote:

CY> Ben Key <address@hidden> writes:
>> What is the general consensus on this?  Should we build this feature
>> in as Ted Zlatanov has requested or should we simply continue the
>> development of the package I have started that implements this feature
>> and perhaps make it available on ELPA?

CY> I still don't understand what "this" is.  Why do you need a full-blown
CY> package to implement

CY> (dolist (f (directory-files dir t "\\.el$"))
CY>   (load foo))

That's essentially it, but we want to be able to turn it on by
customizing a variable to be a LIST of directories (defaulting to nil),
not adding code to .emacs.  All the other improvements in Ben Key's
package, including byte-compilation and recursion, are nice-to-have but
not essential to our purpose.

Ted