Re: Emacs 23.3 released

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Emacs 23.3 released
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 17:45:04 +0100

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 17:07, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

> Talking about 24.1, I now consider the lexbind-new branch as "fully
> functional": there are still a few changes I want to do there before
> merging, but they should only impact performance and code quality, so
> I encourage people to try it out and report any regression so they can
> be addressed before we merge it into trunk.

Trying to bootstrap it on Windows I get 15 errors of the kind

  Debugger entered--Lisp error: (cyclic-function-indirection vc-update)

followed by debugger backtraces (they're quite longish, I can send you
a gzipped log if needed).

Finally, the bootstrap hangs after

  Wrote c:/emacs/lexbind-new/lisp/vc/vc-svn.elc

    Juanma