Re: Emacs 23.3 released

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Emacs 23.3 released
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 14:56:23 -0500

Stefan Monnier wrote:

> but if you find bugs that are not specific to trunk, please still
> commit them to emacs-23.

I'm pretty sure many of these have been committed to just trunk already,
so if there is a 23.4, Someone (TM) will have to go searching for such
changes and backport them. Eg there are 20 bugs marked as found in 23.x,
fixed in 24.1, and I'm sure there are more that just didn't have the
fixed version specified when they were closed.

I do encourage people to start marking bugs with the version number when
they close them. Eg:

close 123 24.1

or:

To: address@hidden