Re: Emacs 23.3 released

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs 23.3 released
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 23:26:34 -0500

> Trying to bootstrap it on Windows I get 15 errors of the kind
>   Debugger entered--Lisp error: (cyclic-function-indirection vc-update)

Hmm... I don't remember seeing such errors and I can't think of what
change in lexbind could get us there.  Any chance you didn't start from
a clean tree?

> followed by debugger backtraces (they're quite longish, I can send you
> a gzipped log if needed).

The backtraces are very verbose because I changed debug.el's
print-length and/or print-depth so *Backtrace* has more data, but indeed
it makes the backtraces on stdout unusable, so you may want to check
lisp/emacs-lisp/debug.el and undo the change there.

> Finally, the bootstrap hangs after
>   Wrote c:/emacs/lexbind-new/lisp/vc/vc-svn.elc

Again, I don't have much idea how/why that could happen :-(

        Stefan