Re: user-controlled load-path extension: load-dir

From: chad
Subject: Re: user-controlled load-path extension: load-dir
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 10:00:14 -0500

On Mar 10, 2011, at 6:30 AM, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:

> The difference is that I'm after a solution where it's possible to
> achieve that with *no* editing of the user-init-file.  At all.  So that
> my el-get installer will just drop a file in `user-load-dir`.

I don't understand your resistance to having the installer do the editing
instead of the user. This seems like a more general solution that avoids
some potential problems and would be useful in situations where a
magic directory would not (for example, where *some* configuration
is required but easily answered by the user).

The end result seems at least as user-friendly, except perhaps in a few
degenerate cases. What am I missing?

*Chad