Re: Per-mode obarray for M-x

From: Scott Frazer
Subject: Re: Per-mode obarray for M-x
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 13:21:07 -0500

On 3/11/11 9:57 AM, Ted Zlatanov wrote:
On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 21:18:12 -0500 Scott Frazer<address@hidden>  wrote:

SF>  On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 9:33 AM, Scott Frazer<address@hidden>  wrote:
There doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm for the idea, so instead of
something integrated I'll just make a package to scratch my own itch.
A couple good suggestions have been made that I can build off of.
Some sort of alist mapping modes to functions with a macro to
define/add things, then add a common function to be called.

SF>  For anyone who stumbles upon this thread looking for something
SF>  similar, here's how I ended up solving it:

SF>  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.sources/3546

I think that package is a nice idea and generally very useful.  Are you
interested in putting mode-fn.el in the GNU ELPA so it can be easily
installed in Emacs?

Sure, I have a bunch of (what I consider) useful packages that I was going
to submit to ELPA when it goes "live."  Has it already?  Regardless, I can
add this one to the list.

Scott