Re: can Gnus simply use the Emacs bug tracker?

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: can Gnus simply use the Emacs bug tracker?
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 13:27:29 -0500

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 13:40:13 -0400 Chong Yidong <address@hidden> wrote:

CY> Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:
>> This would involve changes to `M-x gnus-bug' and the Gnus manual.

CY> I don't think such a change would involve changes to gnus-bug.

Well, if the tracker wanted to have extra information in the message
headers...  I thought it would be necessary.

CY> Have you read the "Using the GNU Bug Tracker" page that Glenn Morris
CY> wrote?

CY>   http://debbugs.gnu.org/Using.html

CY> As explained there, the usual way to use the Emacs bug tracker is for it
CY> to take over address@hidden

Thank you for the reference, I had not seen it.

It seems the alias list on the bug tracker needs to be updated but
otherwise this can be pretty seamless on both sides, besides the
potential problem below.

CY> One problem, though, is that up to now we've only ever set up the bug
CY> tracker for @gnu.org mailing lists.  ISTR that the list traffic is
CY> redirected to debbugs.gnu.org simply via a rule in the FSF mail server,
CY> which might not work for handling a non-gnu.org list.  Glenn, do you
CY> recall the details?

On the Gnus side we can change the address@hidden alias as needed, of course.

Ted