Re: can Gnus simply use the Emacs bug tracker?

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: can Gnus simply use the Emacs bug tracker?
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 13:55:33 -0400

Glenn Morris wrote (on Wed, 16 Mar 2011 at 13:51 -0400):

> Yes, I suggest you make M-x gnus-bug always send mail to bug-gnu-emacs.
> The only difference should be that in standalone Gnus, you add a line
> "Package: gnus" at the start of the body, whereas in Emacs you add
> "Package: emacs,gnus".

The only difficulty is you need to document that bug reports will end
up at different addresses based on the package line. Maybe it's better
to send the mail to address@hidden rather than bug-gnu-emacs. It
doesn't affect how anything works, but it might make people a bit less
likely to say "why isn't my report showing up on bug-gnu-emacs?"