Re: A better autogen.sh

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: A better autogen.sh
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 21:12:26 +0200

> From: Glenn Morris <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 14:09:54 -0400
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> Stefan Monnier wrote:
>
> > I.e. make a "boostrap-files" (or should it say "generated-files"?)
> > directory.  Move configure, aclocal.m4, src/config.in (and
> > lisp/ldefs-boot.el) to it, then install your change
> [...]
> > We should try and keep the bootstrap-files more or less up to date
> > (e.g. so the MS-DOS port can use them) for now, so that people who
> > insist on not installing autoconf can still bootstrap.
>
> OK. I will work on implementing that.

Thanks!

> And another script to copy the generated/ files into place for those
> who want to use them.

This is not needed, at least not for the MS-DOS build.  config.bat can
access the files wherever they are, assuming that these files will be
in the release tarball.

> And changing the msdos/ build to look for config.in there.

Thanks for the offer, but I can easily do this myself.  No need for
you to waste your time.  I doubt that anyone but myself builds the
MS-DOS port from the bzr repo these days anyway.