Re: Lexbind

From: Wojciech Meyer
Subject: Re: Lexbind
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 22:07:09 +0000

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> I just had one while running under GDB, so I Ctrl-C and I got the
>> attached backtrace.
>
> Hmm... the lexbind branch does not touch the redisplay code at all, so
> this is perplexing.  My best guess so far is that some part of the
> changed C code corrupts some part of the memory, leading to the inf-loop.
>

>         Stefan

I noticed some hang ups few days ago with a fresh update. Not only on
`lexbind' branch but on `trunk' as well. I didn't try to debug it. Now I
rebuilt it, with complete cleanup of repository, and it *seems* to be
better. The hangup was happening usually after M-x and then Emacs was
not responsive and taking significant CPU time. `pkill emacs' had seemed to
interrupt the hang, but later it was happening again and `pkill emacs'
was killing Emacs completely. I don't know if it is relevant to the
discussion. I do have similar configuration that Juanma cited.

Wojciech