Re: Indexed search with grep-like output

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Indexed search with grep-like output
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 08:12:22 -0500

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 11:55:54 +0100 Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> It now supports DocIndexer, Google Desktop Search and Windows Desktop
>>> Search (the latter via a rather general SQL-interface using ruby).
>>
>> I recommend you submit it for inclusion in elpa.gnu.org.

LB> I have not yet found out how to handle that.

I'm sure Chong Yidong and I posted an answer to that question at least
twice recently.  I can do the Gmane search if you don't see it.

LB> Remember that nXhtml also includes a kind of packaging system. It can
LB> download packages automatically as you need them. That allows for easy
LB> integration, i.e. you can have things in menus without having them
LB> installed. A not yet downloaded function can be called etc.

LB> Since elpa can't do that yet I am not sure what to do.

I don't think ELPA itself has a problem with a package that downloads
things (I assume it uses featurep to avoid downloading things already in
the load-path).  nXhtml *could* use package.el functions to see if
package X is already available that way.

Ted