Re: Indexed search with grep-like output

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Indexed search with grep-like output
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 23:58:17 +0100

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 9:52 PM, Chong Yidong <address@hidden> wrote:
> Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> I recommend you submit it for inclusion in elpa.gnu.org.
>>
>> I have not yet found out how to handle that.
>
> Are the copyright assignments in order?  I asked you about that several
> weeks ago, and the last I heard was that you were checking.

Stefan replied in that thread that since I have signed papers for
Emacs then my part of nXhtml is in order too.

I just did a quick lock to see what files there are in nXhtml that I
have not written (or not written all of):

* alts subdir:
There is nothing I wrote (except an old copy of re-builder that I
forgotten to delete). Though I might have made some changes.

* etc subdir:
Here is a lot of things I did not wrote/create. There are for example
images (used by n-back) that I did not make, but that are free.

marktree.js is not mine (it is under an mit license).

The schema subdir is a bit troublesome and does not work as it should.
And the schemas are not mine. Jimmy Yuen Ho Wong contributed some of
them, see https://bugs.launchpad.net/nxhtml/+bug/409183

The wds subdir contains support for indexed search querying an sql
engine. trollop.rb is not mine. idxsearch.rb is basically mine (I do
not think there is anything left of what I started with).

viper-tut is a rewrite of some files from vi tutorial. I think they are free.

* nxhtml subdir:
** outline-magic.el: Carsten Dominique so it should not be a problem
** tidy-xhtml.el: From Kahlil Hodgson, with some changes by me. I do
not know if he has signed papers.

* related subdir:
** amrita.el: Roger Mason <address@hidden>. I do not know if he has
signed papers.
** csharp-mode.el: Dino Chiesa. I do not know if he has signed papers.
(And any way this should not be seen as part of nXhtml.)
** flymake*.el: All these are written by me after some ideas from
other places (mainly EmacsWiki). It implements a structure for taking
care of flymake for different major modes. This should be moved into
Emacs itself.
** moz.el: Massimiliana Mirra. I do not know if he has signed papers.
(And this should be coordinated with mozrepl.)
** php-imenu.el: Marcel Cary. I do not know if he has signed papers.
** smarty-mode.el: Vincent Debout. I do not know if he has signed papers.
** tt-mode.el: Dave Cross. I do not know if he has signed papers.
** visual-basic-mode.el: A lot of people. I do not know if they have
signed papers.

* util subdir:
** anchored-transpose.el: Originally by Rick Bielawski. I do not know
if he has signed papers.
** css-color.el, css-palette.el: Niels Giesen. We are discussing that elsewhere.
** edit-server.el: A lot of people might have contributed, not sure.
** ffip.el: Extracted from rinari and changed a bit. There is probably
something better in rinari now to use. (This is used to find a file in
a "site", which is essentially a directory tree.)
** fold-dwim.el: Peter Heslin. No idea if he has signed.
** gpl.el: Niels Giesen, see above.
** http-post-simple.el: Tom Schutzer-Weissmann. No idea if he has
signed. This file/functionality is so important so it should be in
Emacs IMO.
** org-odt.el: Just an old copy. Should be on its way into Emacs.
** pointback.el: Either this or for example winpoint.el (which I am
now using) or rebound.el should IMO be in Emacs. I have suggested to
the author of rebound.el to try to make this happen.
** powershell-mode.el: Frederic Perrin. I do not know if he has signed.
** rnc-mode.el: David Rosenberg. I do not know if he has signed.
** vline.el: Taiki Sugawara. I do not know if he has signed.
** zencoding.el: Chris Done. I do not know if he has signed.