Silk icon set for Gnus and synchronizing it into Emacs

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Silk icon set for Gnus and synchronizing it into Emacs
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 15:43:19 -0500

For Gnus I'd like to bring in the Silk icon set and the related flags
icons from http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/flags/ (the flags are
completely free without attribution).  This is to serve together with
Gnome icon sets as defined by
http://standards.freedesktop.org/icon-naming-spec/icon-naming-spec-latest.html
to present some aspects of the Gnus UI better.  The goal is to use the
best available icon, subject to the user's preferences, especially on
platforms where Gnome icon themes are not available.

According to http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/ the Silk icon set
is licensed under http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/ and
attribution is needed.  Would it be OK to include it in Gnus *and* Emacs
or should it live in Gnus only?  I'll make sure the attribution is done
either way but want to make sure there are no objections to
synchronizing Silk into Emacs.

Thanks
Ted